Flavor this moist stuffing, or dressing, with pears, pecans, and nutmeg.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Spread bread slices on baking sheets. Place baking sheets in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bread is dry.
- Place the 2 tablespoons butter, the onion, and pear in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until tender but not brown, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Break the dried bread into small pieces. Place in a very large bowl. Bring 1/2 cup water and the 1/4 cup butter to boiling in a small saucepan. Add to bread crumbs, and toss just until moistened.
- Stir in pear mixture, pecans, parsley, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Add the remaining water as needed until mixture reaches desired moistness. Stuff turkey and roast in a 325 degree F oven or transfer stuffing to a 2-quart casserole and bake, covered in a 325 degree F or 350 degree F oven about 40 minutes or until heated through. Makes 12 to 14 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pear-Pecan Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 244 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 16 mg chol.,
- 291 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet