Orzo Risotto with Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place squash pieces in pan. Sprinkle with black pepper. Cover; bake 10 minutes. Uncover; add mushrooms, onion, rosemary, and oil; toss. Roast, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring broth to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; keep broth simmering. Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add orzo and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until orzo is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 cup hot broth to orzo mixture. Return to heat. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding broth to orzo mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and cooking until liquid is absorbed before adding more. Cook and stir until orzo is tender and creamy (about 15 minutes).
- Add roasted vegetables and walnuts to orzo mixture; stir gently to combine. Sprinkle each serving with feta cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Orzo Risotto with Roasted Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 385 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 471 mg sodium,
- 64 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet