Oats and fruit make for a high fiber, filling breakfast casserole.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup oatmeal and 1/2 cup fruit
- Yields: about 4 cups oatmeal and 2 cups fruit
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 40 mins 400°F
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. In a large mixing bowl stir together rolled oats, oat bran, steel-cut oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together milk, egg, applesauce, oil, and sugars; add to oat mixture, stirring until combined. Turn into a lightly greased 2-quart souffle dish or casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir mixture. Gently fold in fruit. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes more or until top is lightly browned. Spoon into bowls. Serve with yogurt, milk, or cream. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Oatmeal)
- Per serving:
- 431 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 42 mg chol.,
- 387 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet