Grain Pancakes with Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce
- In a medium bowl combine pastry flour, cornmeal, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, milk, and oil. Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Lightly coat an unheated griddle or large skillet with cooking spray. Heat griddle over medium heat. For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle; spread to a 3- to 3-1/2-inch circle. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and slightly dry edges.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a blender or food processor combine 2 cups of the strawberries, the rhubarb, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat until warm. Quarter the remaining 1 cup strawberries. Serve pancakes with sauce and quartered strawberries.
Nutrition Facts (Grain Pancakes with Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 212 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 32 mg chol.,
- 191 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet