cups fresh or thawed, frozen gooseberries, stems removed
cups finely chopped peeled mangoes
cup lemon juice
- In a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot combine half of the gooseberries and the water. Using a potato masher, crush berries slightly. Stir in the remaining gooseberries, sugar, mangoes, and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until mixture is thickened and sheets off a metal spoon, stirring frequently (jam will be a darker red in color). Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 6 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts(Gooseberry-Mango Jam)
- Per serving:
- 59 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 0 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet