Gooey Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Place melted butter in another medium bowl. With kitchen shears, cut each biscuit into fourths. Toss biscuit pieces, several at a time, in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Layer biscuit pieces in the prepared pan. Lightly press biscuit pieces into pan. Sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture and drizzle with any remaining butter.
- In a small bowl stir together ice cream topping and maple syrup. Drizzle over biscuits.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of the biscuit pieces comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a large serving platter. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Gooey Monkey Bread)
- Per serving:
- 298 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 500 mg sodium ,
- 50 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 32 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Anne Dantzig 410 Days Ago
Shelley,Here is a recipe for buttermilk biscuits that has a video. Biscuits are pretty easy to make from scratch. When I have time I prefer them over the premade ones. Happy baking!http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220943/chef-johns-buttermilk-biscuits/
Shelley Henley 465 Days Ago
Is there a recipe for the buttermilk biscuits dough? Sorry for my ignorance but I assume this is a pre made package or canned product, but in Australia this is not the sort of thing available in our supermarkets, and I been wanting to try making monkey bread for a while.
Joyce Townsend 466 Days Ago
To make it even better cut up pecans and layer them on the layers as you go and the some on top. Just like sticky buns really good