Gooey Butter Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment; set aside. For crust, in a medium bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs (mixture will be dry and crumbly). Pat firmly into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat softened butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in the 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar. Beat in corn syrup, egg, and almond extract just until combined. Alternately add the flour and half-and-half, beating after each addition until just combined after each addition (batter may appear slightly curdled). Spread into crust-lined baking pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until center is just set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Use parchment to lift from the pan; cut into bars.
- In a small bowl toss strawberries with honey and ginger. Spoon over bars before serving. Makes 24.
Nutrition Facts (Gooey Butter Bars)
- Per serving:
- 209 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 34 mg chol.,
- 88 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Evelyn Brooks 1510 Days Ago
I made these to have with fruit, but they are so good I keep going back for one more plain bar! You have to try these....they would be exceptional with toasted almond slices on top.