- Bake one batch Best Chocolate Cupcakes. Let cool.
- Use green food coloring to tint purchased vanilla frosting or Creamy Vanilla Frosting. With a pastry bag and narrow decorating tip, create thin blades of grass with upward strokes.
- For the cupcake toppers, hot-glue the golf balls to new, clean golf tees. Stick the toppers in the middle of each cupcake just before serving.
Best Chocolate Cupcakes
- Separate eggs. Allow egg yolks and whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine the 6 ounces chocolate and the butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in creme de cacao; cool.
- Grease and flour twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups or parchment paper squares)*. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon color. Beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Add flour mixture, beating just until combined; set aside.
- Wash beaters thoroughly. In a medium bowl beat egg whites on medium to high speed just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Stir a small amount of the beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in the remaining beaten egg whites.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on a wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Place Dark Chocolate Butter Frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. Pipe long stars of frosting onto tops of cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts (Best Chocolate Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 473 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- ( 14 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 90 mg chol.,
- 180 mg sodium,
- 67 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 58 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- In a large bowl combine shortening and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat in 2 teaspoons milk. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup additional powdered sugar. If necessary, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a frosting of piping consistency.