- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 16 mins
- Stand: 15 mins
Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce
ounces dried porcini mushrooms
cup thinly sliced leek (1 medium)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons olive oil
pounds fresh portobello* and/or button mushrooms, sliced
pound fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup whipping cream
tablespoons all-purpose flour
tablespoon snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
16 ounce packages shelf-stable potato gnocchi
- Soak dried mushrooms in enough boiling water to cover about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain, discarding liquid. Squeeze mushrooms to remove additional liquid.
- In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, cook and stir leek and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove leek mixture. Add oil to Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat. Add porcini mushrooms, portobello and/or button mushrooms, and cremini mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream and flour; stir into mushroom mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in leek mixture and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Serve gnocchi with mushroom sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For a lighter colored sauce, use a knife or a teaspoon to gently scrape away the gills (the black portions underneath the caps) from the portobello mushrooms before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce)
- 543 kcal cal.;
- 20 g Fat, total;
- 47 mg chol.;
- 10 g sat. fat;
- 78 g carb.;
- 7 g Monosaturated fat;
- 1 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 7 g fiber;
- 4 g sugar;
- 13 g pro.;
- 777 IU vit. A;
- 878 mg sodium;
- 4 mg vit. C
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet