Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce
- Soak dried mushrooms in enough boiling water to cover about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain, discarding liquid. Squeeze mushrooms to remove additional liquid.
- In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, cook and stir leek and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove leek mixture. Add oil to Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat. Add porcini mushrooms, portobello and/or button mushrooms, and cremini mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream and flour; stir into mushroom mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in leek mixture and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Serve gnocchi with mushroom sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For a lighter colored sauce, use a knife or a teaspoon to gently scrape away the gills (the black portions underneath the caps) from the portobello mushrooms before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Gnocchi with Mushroom Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 543 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 878 mg sodium,
- 78 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet