Gnocchi with Mozzarella, Broccolini, and Warm Anchovy Sauce
cup olive oil
cup finely chopped shallots (2 small)
canned anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and finely chopped
teaspoon crushed red pepper
tablespoons lemon juice
large cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
1 package shelf-stable potato gnocchi
ounces broccolini® or broccoli, trimmed and chopped
pound fresh mozzarella cheese bocconcini pearls or fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
tablespoon snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- In a small saucepan, heat oil, shallots, and butter over medium-low heat until butter melts. Stir in anchovies and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir until heated through, using the spoon to mash anchovies as you stir. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, garlic, thyme, and salt. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions, adding the broccolini to water during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain. Return gnocchi mixture to hot pan; cover to keep warm.
- Warm the anchovy sauce over medium heat for 1 minute. Add anchovy sauce to gnocchi mixture along with mozzarella; toss to coat.
- To serve, transfer gnocchi mixture to a large serving dish. Top with pine nuts and parsley. Serve immediately.
For anchovy sauce:
Nutrition Facts(Gnocchi with Mozzarella, Broccolini, and Warm Anchovy Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 534 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 70 mg chol.,
- 718 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet