Gingered Carrot-Sweet Potato Soup with Chive Cream
- In Dutch oven combine carrots, sweet potato, broth and ginger. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- For Chive Cream, in small bowl combine creme fraiche and chives; set aside. In blender, puree vegetables with beans, one-fourth at a time, removing cap from blender lid and holding a folded kitchen towel over opening in lid. Return soup to pan and heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Top servings with Chive Cream. Sprinkle with chives and ground ginger.
- Cut flatbread in wedges, lightly sprinkle with Parmesan or Asiago cheese, then broil a few seconds, watching closely, just until bread is toasted and cheese is barely melted.
From the Test Kitchen
Substitute russet potatoes for the carrots and sweet potato and use ground cumin in place of the ground ginger.
Prepare soup through Step 2. Let soup cool. Transfer soup to a freezer-safe container, leaving about 1/2 inch of space between the top of the soup and the rim of the container. Label and freeze up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove-top and continue with Step 3.
Nutrition Facts (Gingered Carrot-Sweet Potato Soup with Chive Cream )
- Per serving:
- 318 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 1059 mg sodium ,
- 54 g carb. ,
- 12 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.