Gingerbread Snow Globe City
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, ginger, baking powder, salt, white pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined; set aside.
- In a very large bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until smooth and combined. Add half the flour mixture; beat until just combined. Add milk; beat until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture; beat until just combined. Using your hands, knead dough until smooth; divide in half. Wrap each dough half with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll each dough half on parchment paper into about a 15x10-inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife, score free-form building and rooftop shapes on each sheet of dough without cutting through dough. Using a cookie cutter, cut out trees. Transfer each parchment sheet of dough to a 15x10-inch baking pan. Remove excess dough scraps. Using the straight edge of a dough scraper or a knife, add brick and window scores without cutting completely through dough.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Carefully cut along scored lines of building and rood shapes. Bake 10 minutes more or until firm. Remove from oven. Cook completely on a wire rack. Separate gingerbread pieces.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies; gently rub in. Cover with waxed paper and let stand for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. Arrange cookies in a large glass filled with 2 to 3 inches of granulated sugar to help stabilize cookies. Makes 72 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Use extra dough to bake additional cookies,
Nutrition Facts (Gingerbread Snow Globe City)
- Per serving:
- 76 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 66 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
Tammy Lynn Nustad 713 Days Ago
What size large jar? Large is subjective. One gallon or two gallon glass canister?Thank you!!!!
Lorraine 1201 Days Ago
Lorraine 1201 Days Ago
Joyce Alonso 1362 Days Ago
I couldn't come up with the template at all. Where is it? I assume a 350 oven. They look really nice, but possibly are lots of work!
Marie Michelin-Dizza 1443 Days Ago
The recipe on the pdf with the template download is the correct recipe (the gingerbread is delicious). FYI, I reduced the buildings template in Adobe Photoshop by about 50% so that I could make several cities inside quart mason jars (as gifts) instead of just one big city. Turned out beautifully but a LOT of work because one is dealing with multiple tiny buildings and associated decorating.
Carole Tillson 1454 Days Ago
I agree with the first comment. It skips when to add the second half of the flour mixture and never says when to bake them!
Allison Best 1454 Days Ago
I think someone at BHG needs to proof-read this recipe.