- Yields: 12 muffins
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 18 mins 400°
- Cool: 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, the 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and the salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. In a small bowl combine milk, oil, and egg. Add milk mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in pear and, if desired, walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. In a small bowl combine oat bran and the 1/4 teaspoon ginger; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are brown. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
If using a brown sugar substitute, we recommend Sweet'N Low® Brown or Sugar Twin® Granulated Brown. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons Sweet'N Low® Brown or 3 tablespoons Sugar Twin® Granulated Brown in place of the packed brown sugar.
Nutrition Facts per muffin with brown sugar substitute: 136 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 95 mg sodium, 16 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 3 g pro.Exchanges: 1 starch, 1.5 fatCarb choices: 1
- Per serving:
- 149 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 96 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet