- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Marinate: 12 hrs
- Roast: 45 mins 350°F
Ginger-Orange-Glazed Turkey Breasts
1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless turkey breasts
cloves garlic, cut into 12 slivers total
small fresh red chile peppers, cut into 12 pieces
cup orange juice
cup olive oil
cup orange marmalade
cup finely chopped green onions (4)
cup orange juice
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon orange liqueur
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut 12 slits into the top of each turkey breast. Tuck a garlic sliver or a chile pepper piece into slits, alternating garlic and chile pepper. Place turkey breasts side by side in a shallow glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup orange juice and the olive oil; pour over turkey. Cover; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan combine marmalade, the 1/2 cup green onions, the 1/2 cup orange juice, the ginger, and minced garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in orange liqueur.*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove turkey breasts from marinade; discard marinade. Arrange turkey breasts on a rack in a large roasting pan. Spoon some of the glaze over turkey breasts.** Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast registers 160 degrees F, spooning some of the remaining glaze over breasts every 15 minutes of roasting.** Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. If desired, garnish with additional sliced green onion, chopped chile peppers, and/or orange zest.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, you can make the glaze ahead. Pour glaze into an airtight container; cover. Chill for up to 3 days. Before using, in a small saucepan reheat glaze over low heat.
Be careful not to let the spoon touch the uncooked turkey.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger-Orange-Glazed Turkey Breasts)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 105 mg chol.,
- 349 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 42 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet