- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 red and/or green cooking apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (cole slaw mix)
- Orange wedges
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Turn chicken and add onion and ginger. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes more, stirring onions, until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm.
2. Add broth and vinegar to skillet. Bring to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until reduced by about half. Add apples and coleslaw mix. Cook and stir gently about 5 minutes or until apples and cabbage are just tender. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet. Serve with orange wedges for squeezing over top.