Garlicky Pickled Mixed Veggies
- Remove husks from ears of corn. Scrub with a stiff brush to remove silks; rinse. Cut cobs into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces. In an 8-quart pot combine corn, cauliflower, sweet peppers, green beans, carrots, and onions. Add enough water to cover. Bring to boiling. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes; drain. If desired, cut corn lengthwise into halves or quarters.
- In a 4- to 5-quart stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick heavy pot combine the 3 cups water, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pack vegetables into six hot, sterilized pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Add 3 cloves garlic and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper to each jar. Pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables, maintaining the 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 6 pints.
Nutrition Facts (Garlicky Pickled Mixed Veggies)
- Per serving:
- 45 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 164 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Franceen Patti 296 Days Ago
These are great. I used cider vinegar and pickle crisp. Have to make more. We all love them.
Julie Peterson 1435 Days Ago
This is a wonderful addition to my pantry! We eat them as a side dish with burgers or grilled foods or by themselves for a quick snack. This will stay a part of our food choices.