Garden Vegetables Lasagna
Nonstick cooking spray
dried whole grain lasagna noodles
cups small broccoli florets
red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size strips
cups sliced zucchini (1 medium)
cups sliced yellow summer squash (1 medium)
eggs, lightly beaten, or 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
16 ounce carton low-fat cottage cheese
15 ounce carton low-fat ricotta cheese
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
cups torn mixed greens
medium crisp, tart apples, thinly sliced
cups red seedless grapes, halved
cup Essential Everyday Vinaigrette or desired bottled vinaigrette salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a Dutch oven cook lasagna noodles in a large amount of boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place a steamer basket in a Dutch oven. Add water to just below the bottom of the steamer basket. Bring water to boiling. Add broccoli, sweet pepper, zucchini, and yellow summer squash. Reduce heat. Cover and steam for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, basil, thyme, garlic, salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Layer three of the cooked noodles in the prepared baking dish. Spread with one-third of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with one-third of the vegetable mixture and 2/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, for 50 to 55 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; let stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, for salad, in a medium bowl combine mixed greens, apples, grapes, and Essential Everyday Vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve salad with lasagna.
Essential Everyday Vinaigrette
tablespoons olive oil
cup red wine vinegar
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
clove garlic, minced
dash ground black pepper
- In a screw-top jar combine olive oil, vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, garlic, honey, salt and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before using. Makes 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts(Garden Vegetables Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 421 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 736 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet