Cornish Game Hens with Artichokes and Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, snipped oregano, olive oil, garlic, snipped thyme, salt, and pepper. Add artichoke hearts and potato; toss gently to coat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer artichokes and potato to another bowl; reserve garlic mixture.
- Rinse hens; pat dry with paper towels. Tie drumsticks to the tails using 100-percent-cotton string. Tie wing tips to the breasts. Brush hens with some of the garlic mixture. Arrange hens on one side of a rack in a large roasting pan. Arrange artichoke hearts and potato on the opposite side of rack. Drizzle hens and vegetables with remaining garlic mixture.
- Place roasting pan on middle rack of oven. Roast about 50 minutes or until juices of the hens run clear (180 degrees F) and vegetables are tender.
- Arrange hens on a serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to platter. If desired, garnish platter with lemon slices, oregano leaves, and thyme sprigs. Using kitchen shears or a long heavy knife, cut the string between drumsticks and around breasts. Carefully cut hens in half lengthwise. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Cornish Game Hens with Artichokes and Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 443 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 120 mg chol.,
- 427 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet