- Makes: 22 servings
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 45 mins 250°F
Game-Day Snack Mix
6 ounce package plain pita chips
cups round toasted oat cereal
cups bite-size rice square cereal
cups bite-size corn square cereal
cups whole almonds
cups pecan halves
tablespoons dried parsley flakes
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup bottled Caesar salad dressing (not creamy)
teaspoon garlic powder
Several drops bottled hot pepper sauce
Edible Snack Bowl (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a roasting pan combine pita chips, oat cereal, rice cereal, corn cereal, almonds, pecans, and parsley; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, cheese, Caesar dressing, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread cereal mixture on a large sheet of foil to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months. If desired, serve in Edible Snack Bowl.
Edible Snack Bowl
cups bite-size rice and/or corn square cereal
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon seasoned salt
teaspoon onion powder
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place 8 cups cereal in a roasting pan. In a small saucepan heat and stir butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and onion powder until butter melts. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on a large sheet of foil to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart oven-safe bowl with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine egg whites and water; beat on high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add cereal mixture; stir gently to coat. Transfer cereal mixture to the prepared 3-quart bowl. Using several thicknesses of foil, form a smaller bowl; generously coat the outside of the foil bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Press the foil bowl into the cereal mixture, forcing the mixture up the side of the larger bowl to make a bowl shape. Bake about 30 minutes or until cereal mixture is set. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the foil; cool for 30 minutes more. Using a flexible long metal spatula, carefully loosen side of cereal bowl from oven-safe bowl. Invert onto a wire rack and let cool.
Nutrition Facts (Game-Day Snack Mix)
- Per serving:
- 289 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 331 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet