- In a medium saucepan heat and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth; set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of the foil extending over the ends of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Stir the sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. If desired, stir in nuts. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting over cooled brownies. Remove brownies from pan, using the overlapping foil to lift brownies. Place on cutting board; cut into brownies.
Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate pieces over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; let cool. In a medium bowl stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Fudgy Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 43 mg chol.,
- 90 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Kathleen Henry-Valencia 595 Days Ago
30 minutes is to long