Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries
- Lightly coat an 1-quart souffle dish or casserole* with cooking spray. Tear off an 18x12-inch piece of heavy foil; cut in half lengthwise. Fold each piece lengthwise into thirds. Crisscross the foil strips and place the dish in the center of the crisscross; set aside.
- For batter, in a medium saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, sugar, jam, applesauce, and vanilla. Using a spoon beat lightly until combined. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour batter into prepared dish. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Pour warm water into a 6-quart slow cooker. Using the ends of the foil strips transfer dish to cooker. Leave foil strips under dish.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until an internal temperature of 170 degrees F registers on an instant-read thermometer. Using foil strips carefully remove dish from cooker; discard foil strips. Turn off cooker. If possible, remove crockery liner from cooker. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Top each serving with dessert topping and strawberries.
From the Test Kitchen
Before beginning this recipe, check to make sure that the dish or casserole you plan to use fits into your slow cooker.
Nutrition Facts (Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries)
- Per serving:
- 183 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 122 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet