Ultimate Fudgy Brownies
ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
teaspoons instant coffee crystals
cups granulated sugar
cups packed brown sugar
cup ground almonds
teaspoon ground cinnamon
tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl combine the chocolate, butter, water, and coffee crystals. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 2 to 4 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring once or twice. Remove bowl from microwave oven. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Beat on low speed until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven about 35 minutes or until top appears set and dry. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift brownies out of pan. Cut into bars. If desired, stir together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder; sift over brownies.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and transport in baking pan. (Or cut into bars and place in a single layer in a shallow container.)
For 16 brownies:
Prepare using method above, except spread batter in a greased and foil-lined 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
Nutrition Facts(Ultimate Fudgy Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 127 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet