Ultimate Fudgy Brownies
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl combine the chocolate, butter, water, and coffee crystals. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 2 to 4 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring once or twice. Remove bowl from microwave oven. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat in granulated sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Beat on low speed until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven about 35 minutes or until top appears set and dry. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift brownies out of pan. Cut into bars. If desired, stir together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder; sift over brownies.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and transport in baking pan. (Or cut into bars and place in a single layer in a shallow container.)
For 16 brownies:
Prepare using method above, except spread batter in a greased and foil-lined 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
Nutrition Facts (Ultimate Fudgy Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 127 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet