Toasted Couscous with Grilled Mango and Zucchini
cups Israeli (pearl) couscous
tablespoon vegetable oil
cups chicken stock, seafood stock, or vegetable stock
tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
teaspoon kosher salt
- Thoroughly preheat grill to medium high.
- In a dry, medium saucepan over medium-low heat, toast couscous, stirring frequently, until golden-brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (You could skip this step in a pinch, but it's worth it!)
- Peel mango; stand on its end with a skinny edge facing you and, with a knife close to the seed core, cut a 1-inch slice off each of the two sides. Then, cut each of those slices into two half-inch-thick slices. Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/3- to 1/2-inch slices. Brush mango and zucchini pieces with vegetable oil on all sides, season lightly with a pinch of salt, and grill until charred and tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool; cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook about 7 minutes. Add mango, zucchini, butter, parsley, and salt. Cook another minute and taste for seasoning and doneness. Keep warm. Makes 4 (1-1/3-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts(Toasted Couscous with Grilled Mango and Zucchini)
- Per serving:
- 365 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 929 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet