- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 medium fresh kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1 3/4ounce package powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- Dash salt
- 5 cups sugar
1. In a medium bowl slightly mash strawberries. In a Dutch oven combine strawberries, kiwifruit, pectin, crystallized ginger, butter, lemon juice, orange peel, and salt. Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
2. Add sugar. Return to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam with a metal spoon.
3. Ladle jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars; adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars; cool on racks. Makes about 6 half-pint jars.
- cal. (kcal) 45,
- carb. (g) 11,
- sugar (g) 11,
- vit. C (mg) 5,
- sodium (mg) 3,
- Potassium (mg) 18,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet