- Yields: about 6 half-pint jars
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Process: 5 mins
cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
medium fresh kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
1 3/4 ounce package powdered fruit pectin
tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- In a medium bowl slightly mash strawberries. In a Dutch oven combine strawberries, kiwifruit, pectin, crystallized ginger, butter, lemon juice, orange peel, and salt. Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar. Return to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars; adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars; cool on racks. Makes about 6 half-pint jars.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry-Kiwi Jam )
- Per serving:
- 45 kcal cal.,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 11 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet