- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 15 1/4ounces cans pineapple chunks (juice pack)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely slivered grapefruit peel
- 4 red grapefruit, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons finely slivered orange peel
- 4 oranges, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds*
- Thinly sliced orange peel strips (optional)
1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to equal 2 cups.
2. For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the reserved 2 cups juice mixture, sugar, and mint. Bring mixture just to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour mixture through a strainer; discard mint. Cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine pineapple, grapefruit peel, grapefruit slices, the 2 tablespoons orange peel, orange slices, and kiwifruit slices. Pour the strained syrup over fruit. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
4. To serve, gently stir pomegranate seeds into fruit mixture. If desired, garnish with orange peel strips. Makes 12 servings.
- To remove pomegranate seeds, cut the fruit in half just through the skin. Remove the peel and break the fruit into sections. Then use your fingers or a small spoon to separate the seeds from the membrane. Discard the skin and membrane. Handle the fruit in a bowl filled with water; this allows the seeds to float to the top, and the juice won't discolor your hands.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 98,
- carb. (g) 25,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. C (mg) 53,
- sodium (mg) 2,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet