Upload your photo here.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together the flour, the 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gently toss in fresh and freeze-dried strawberries and basil. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together eggs and the half-and-half. Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once. Using a large spoon, gently stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a generously floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it 5 to 7 times, turning dough a quarter turn after each fold. Transfer to a lightly floured parchment-lined baking sheet. Pat or lightly roll dough into a 3/4-inch-thick circle. Cut circle into wedges and pull apart slightly.
- Brush wedges with additional half-and-half and sprinkle with sugar. Bake about 16 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftover scones; reheat 15 seconds in microwave. Makes 12 scones.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, pat dough until 3/4 inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares or use a round cutter to cut dough into circles, rerolling scraps as necessary.
To reheat leftover refrigerated scones, microwave at 50% power for 20 to 25 seconds or until warm.
Nutrition Facts (Double-Strawberry Scones)
- Per serving:
- 209 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 211 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet