Blackberry Salad with Creamy Feta
- Prepare Quick Pickled Onions.
- Meanwhile, for creamy feta, in a food processor combine feta cheese, the 2 tablespoons olive oil, and red pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth.
- In large bowl gently toss blackberries, mint, sugar, lemon peel, and drained Quick Pickled Onions. Arrange on serving platter. Serve with creamy feta; drizzle olive oil. Makes 12 servings.
Quick Pickled Onions
- Thinly sliver onion. In bowl, toss onion, vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, and salt. Cover; let stand at room temperature for 1 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts (Blackberry Salad with Creamy Feta)
- Per serving:
- 101 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 156 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
cneuhaus5 716 Days Ago
Fantastic & not at all hard to make! I like it with blueberries instead of blackberries better, but either way I used more mint---a whole bunch per batch. And I didn't like the olive oil (not nearly enough to make the feta creamy, either) so used a good 1/2 cup cream, and the feta was still stiff. Pickled onions are a snap (no baking---sit out on counter) and this salad is also BEAUTIFUL---got loads of compliments!
Kate VanDusen 1654 Days Ago
why does it say to bake the quick pickled onions at 425 for 20 min. if you actually did that they would be cinders and I assume that is a typo!!!