- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Stand: 1 hr to 4 hrs
Blackberry Salad with Creamy Feta
recipe Quick Pickled Onions, recipe below
ounces feta cheese
tablespoons olive oil
Dash crushed red pepper (optional)
cup fresh mint leaves, large leaves torn
tablespoons turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon olive oil
- Prepare Quick Pickled Onions.
- Meanwhile, for creamy feta, in a food processor combine feta cheese, the 2 tablespoons olive oil, and red pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth.
- In large bowl gently toss blackberries, mint, sugar, lemon peel, and drained Quick Pickled Onions. Arrange on serving platter. Serve with creamy feta; drizzle olive oil. Makes 12 servings.
Quick Pickled Onions
tablespoons cider vinegar
teaspoon mustard seeds
- Thinly sliver onion. In bowl, toss onion, vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, and salt. Cover; let stand at room temperature for 1 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts (Blackberry Salad with Creamy Feta)
- Per serving:
- 101 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 156 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet