Fruit Chutney with Spiced Chips
- For fruit chutney, in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine apples, pears, onion, cranberries. brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and the cold water; stir into cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour more.
- Serve chutney warm or at room temperature with Spiced Chips and top each serving with crumbled goat cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Sweet'N Low Brown or Sugar Twin Granulated Brown. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/3 cup brown sugar.
Per Serving with Substitute: Same as above, except 102 cal., 181 mg sodium, 18 g carb., 7 g sugar. Exchanges: no other carb. Carb choices: 1.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a pizza wheel, cut whole wheat tortillas each into eight wedges. Place tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray. Mix together sugar and coriander. Sprinkle evenly over tortilla wedges. Bake for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through baking. Makes 72 chips.
Nutrition Facts (Fruit Chutney with Spiced Chips)
- Per serving:
- 114 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 4 mg chol.,
- 182 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet