cups chocolate-flavor crisp rice cereal
cups chopped toasted almonds
cups tiny marshmallows
pint chocolate ice cream (2 cups)
pint vanilla ice cream (2 cups)
pint strawberry ice cream (2 cups)
cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces or 1/3 cup chocolate-flavor syrup or strawberry-flavor ice cream topping (optional)
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over short ends of pan. Butter foil; set pan aside. In a large bowl combine cereal and 3/4 cup of the almonds; set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted. Stir in marshmallows until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal mixture to marshmallow mixture; stir gently to coat. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Let ice creams stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream evenly over cereal layer in pan. Freeze about 30 minutes or until firm. Spread vanilla ice cream over chocolate ice cream layer; freeze about 30 minutes or until firm. Spread strawberry ice cream over vanilla ice cream layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup almonds. If desired, sprinkle with chocolate pieces or drizzle with chocolate syrup. Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until firm.*
- Using the edges of the foil, lift frozen mixture out of pan. Cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
If you prefer, store, covered, in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts(Frozen Neapolitans)
- Per serving:
- 71 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 36 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet