These bars are patterned after the longtime-favorite, three-layer neapolitan ice cream. You can vary the ice cream flavors, nuts, and toppings as you like.
- Yields: About 48 bars
- Prep: 25 mins
- Freeze: 5 hrs
- Stand: 10 mins
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over short ends of pan. Butter foil; set pan aside. In a large bowl combine cereal and 3/4 cup of the almonds; set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted. Stir in marshmallows until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal mixture to marshmallow mixture; stir gently to coat. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Let ice creams stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream evenly over cereal layer in pan. Freeze about 30 minutes or until firm. Spread vanilla ice cream over chocolate ice cream layer; freeze about 30 minutes or until firm. Spread strawberry ice cream over vanilla ice cream layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup almonds. If desired, sprinkle with chocolate pieces or drizzle with chocolate syrup. Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until firm.*
- Using the edges of the foil, lift frozen mixture out of pan. Cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
If you prefer, store, covered, in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Frozen Neapolitans)
- Per serving:
- 71 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 36 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet