- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/3 cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 12 ounce package miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup caramel-flavor ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1. In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture in the bottom of a lightly buttered 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups of the chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup of the cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Cool about 30 minutes. In a medium bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups of the cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the caramel topping, the sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the remaining chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup of the pecans.
4. Carefully spread half of the whipped chocolate mixture over crumb mixture in pan. Top with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture; carefully spread the remaining whipped chocolate mixture over crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours.
5. Remove side of springform pan. Let torte stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Cut torte into wedges. Top with the remaining whipped cream, the remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping, and the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 548,
- Fat, total (g) 42,
- chol. (mg) 99,
- sat. fat (g) 22,
- carb. (g) 44,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 231,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet