Frosty Caramel, Chocolate, and Pecan Torte
- In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture in the bottom of a lightly buttered 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups of the chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup of the cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Cool about 30 minutes. In a medium bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups of the cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the caramel topping, the sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the remaining chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup of the pecans.
- Carefully spread half of the whipped chocolate mixture over crumb mixture in pan. Top with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture; carefully spread the remaining whipped chocolate mixture over crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove side of springform pan. Let torte stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Cut torte into wedges. Top with the remaining whipped cream, the remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping, and the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Nutrition Facts (Frosty Caramel, Chocolate, and Pecan Torte)
- Per serving:
- 548 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (22 g sat. fat,
- 99 mg chol.,
- 231 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet