All-Star Sports Cake
package 2-layer size yellow cake mix
16 ounce can white frosting
Blue food coloring
Candy-coated milk chocolate pieces and other small colored candies
Yellow Cutout Stars (optional)
Red shoestring licorice (optional)
- Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Prepare cake mix and bake in prepared pan according to package directions. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely. Cut the cake in a basketball jersey shape.
- Tint the frosting blue with blue food coloring. Frost the entire cake. Create stripes along the arm holes with candies. Use the candies to spell "All Star" and a number (perhaps the age of the birthday child) in the center of the jersey.
- Decorate the bottom edge of the jersey with Yellow Cutout Stars and red shoestring licorice, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup canned white frosting, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and a few drops of yellow food coloring. Add enough additional powdered sugar until mixture is firm enough to roll out. On a surface lightly dusted with powdered sugar, roll the frosting mixture to a1/4-inch thickness. Use a small star cutter to cut out stars from the frosting mixture.
Yellow Cutout Stars:
Nutrition Facts(All-Star Sports Cake)
- Per serving:
- 410 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 55 mg chol.,
- 364 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet