- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
1. Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, prosciutto, 1 tablespoon of the basil, the salt, and pepper; set aside. Heat oil in a broiler-proof large skillet over medium heat; add tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil. In the same skillet cook artichoke hearts and red onion for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour egg mixture over mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As eggs set, run a spatula to lift eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting eggs until almost set. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
3. Place skillet under broiler, 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or just until top is set and cheese is melted. Top with tomatoes.
- Choose from basil, chives, cilantro, and/or parsley.
- Take your choice of cut-up marinated artichoke hearts, shredded carrot, chopped asparagus, cooked cubed potato, chopped red or green sweet pepper, chopped red or green onion, chopped zucchini or yellow summer squash, and/or broccoli florets. Cook for 1 minute: artichokes. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes: carrot, asparagus, potato, sweet pepper, onion. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes: zucchini, summer squash, broccoli.
- Use 1/2 cup: crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled bacon; chopped cooked ham or prosciutto; flaked smoked salmon; and/or chopped pepperoni. Or use 1 cup: cooked and drained bulk sausage; chopped smoked turkey; and/or shredded deli-roasted chicken.
- Try 1/4 cup: crumbled feta, crumbled blue cheese, or shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers. Or try 1/2 cup: shredded Swiss cheese, shredded Gruyere cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded American cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded Gouda cheese, shredded Edam cheese, shredded Parmesan chese, or shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 443,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 443,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 563,
- Potassium (mg) 306,
- calcium (mg) 151,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet