- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups whole pimiento or garlic-stuffed green olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs or panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine olives and flour; toss until olives are evenly coated. In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
2. In a large deep saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 1/2 inches oil to 350 degrees F. Dip each flour-coated olive into the eggs, then coat evenly with crumb mixture.
3. Using a slotted spoon, add olives, several at a time, to the hot oil. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes or until outsides are golden brown. Remove olives from hot oil; drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Keep olives warm in the oven while frying the remaining olives.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 124,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 36,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 538,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet