- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 1 hr 30 mins 200°F per batch
cups whole pimiento or garlic-stuffed green olives, drained
cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs or panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash cayenne pepper
Vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine olives and flour; toss until olives are evenly coated. In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a large deep saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 1/2 inches oil to 350 degrees F. Dip each flour-coated olive into the eggs, then coat evenly with crumb mixture.
- Using a slotted spoon, add olives, several at a time, to the hot oil. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes or until outsides are golden brown. Remove olives from hot oil; drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Keep olives warm in the oven while frying the remaining olives.
Nutrition Facts (Fried Olives)
- Per serving:
- 124 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 36 mg chol.,
- 538 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet