No-Fry French Toast
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. In a pie plate combine the egg, egg white, milk, vanilla, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Soak the bread slices in egg mixture about 1 minute on each side. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 degrees oven about 6 minutes or until bread is lightly browned. Turn bread; bake for 5 to 8 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for orange syrup, in a small saucepan stir together the orange peel, orange juice, honey, cornstarch, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce the heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- If desired, sprinkle the French toast with powdered sugar. Serve the toast with orange syrup.
Nutrition Facts (No-Fry French Toast)
- Per serving:
- 171 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 54 mg chol.,
- 263 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet