French Chicken Stew
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, onion, potato, green beans, olives, broth, wine, tapioca, herbs de Provence, thyme, and pepper. Place chicken on top; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in pasta sauce. If desired, serve with French bread.
Nutrition Facts (French Chicken Stew)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 83 mg chol. ,
- 629 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.
How To Video
Charity Charles 1347 Days Ago
I added Progresso Recipe Starters~Creamy Roasted Garlic for sauce and it was perfect tasting. Next time I may try their Fire Roasted Tomato instead.
Kate Kaye Christie 1481 Days Ago
Instead of the sauce, I would probably use a small can of tomato paste.
On Delay 1497 Days Ago
This recipe needs a review ¿ it's worth trying. I made this stew pretty much as the recipe describes except that I wasn't able to bring myself to add the jar of commercial sauce at the end. I liked the stew well without the additional sauce and will probably make it again, still without sauce. The olives are important and make the stew special. I cooked the stew on low for 8 hours.