Fragrant Garam Masala Chicken Stew with Peas and Potatoes
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs, meaty sides down; cook about 6 minutes or until brown on both sides, turning once.
- Coat a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or line the slow cooker with a disposable liner. In the slow cooker combine potatoes, onion, ginger, and garlic. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour broth and tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 3/4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in peas, yogurt, and garam masala. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts (Fragrant Garam Masala Chicken Stew with Peas and Potatoes )
- Per serving:
- 239 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 95 mg chol.,
- 510 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
jsbschaeffer 1068 Days Ago
I actually doubled the broth and tomato sauce. It turned out perfectly. I will definitely make this again.
Elizabeth Budd 1003 Days Ago
How does this work out not using the crock pot?
Joan March 1373 Days Ago
Easy to prepare and makes a tasty stew. Rather a lot of liquid once it is cooked but serve it with some crusty bread to soak up the gravy.