Flourless Chocolate-Pecan Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x1-1/2-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; grease the paper. Set pan aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine pecans, sugar, chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Cover; blend or process until nuts are ground. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend or process until nearly smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; peel off waxed paper. Cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- To serve, cut into 16 wedges. Place one wedge on each dessert plate and drizzle with Toasted Coconut-Pecan Caramel Sauce. Place another wedge on top at a different angle. Drizzle with more sauce.
Toasted Coconut-Pecan Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut and pecans in a thin layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until coconut is toasted and nuts are golden brown, stirring once or twice. Remove from oven. In a medium bowl stir together ice cream topping, coconut, and pecans. Serve immediately or heat slightly in microwave before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Flourless Chocolate-Pecan Cake)
- Per serving:
- 526 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 133 mg chol.,
- 269 mg sodium,
- 63 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet