Upload your photo here.
Flautas de Pollo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet cook onion, chile peppers, and garlic in the 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until onion and peppers are soft. Add chicken, oregano, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and cloves; mix well. Set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven about 10 minutes to soften. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Remove tortillas from oven. Working with one at a time, fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Roll up tightly and secure with wooden picks.
- Pour 1 inch of vegetable oil into a large skillet. Heat over medium heat to 365 degrees F. Fry flautas, three or four at a time, about 3 minutes or until crisp and golden, turning once. Remove flautas from oil, being careful to drain oil out of the ends. Drain on paper towels. Keep cooked flautas warm in the oven while frying remaining flautas.
- Remove wooden picks. If desired, serve flautas with fresh salsa, crema, and guacamole.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, so avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with fresh chile peppers, wear disposable plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chiles, wash your hands and nails thoroughly with soap and hot water. If you get chile oil in your eyes, flush them with cool water.
Nutrition Facts (Flautas de Pollo)
- Per serving:
- 332 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 37 mg chol.,
- 465 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet