Flank Steak Vinaigrette Salad
- Prepare Cilantro Vinaigrette and Sweet Pepper Salsa. Pour vinaigrette over salsa; toss gently to combine. Cover and chill.
- Trim fat from meat. For a charcoal grill, place meat on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 15 to 17 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place meat on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.) Thinly slice meat. Transfer to a medium bowl; cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, in a covered large saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling lightly salted water to cover for 10 minutes. Add pea pods. Cook for 1 minute more; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a very large bowl combine salad greens and potato mixture. Pour 1/2 cup of the salsa mixture over meat; toss gently to coat. Pour the remaining salsa mixture over greens mixture; toss gently to coat.
- To serve, transfer greens mixture to a serving platter. Arrange meat on top of greens mixture.
- In a screw-top jar combine olive oil, cider vinegar, cilantro, sugar, brown mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. If desired, chill for up to 1 week. Shake before serving.
Sweet Pepper Salsa
- In a medium bowl combine green sweet pepper, jicama, onion, cilantro, vinegar, chile pepper, and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Flank Steak Vinaigrette Salad )
- Per serving:
- 380 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 26 mg chol.,
- 298 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet