Upload your photo here.
Five-Spice Beef Kabobs
- Thinly slice steak across grain. If necessary, flatten slices with palm of hand or meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. In medium bowl combine beef, soy sauce, and five-spice powder; toss to coat beef. Thread beef on skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading).
- For charcoal or gas grill, grill kabobs on rack of covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine yogurt and snipped mint. From one lime, finely shred 1 tsp. peel. Juice the lime. Stir peel and 1 Tbsp. juice in to yogurt. Cut remaining lime in wedges, if desired. Serve kabobs with yogurt sauce, mint, and lime.
- Serve skewers with yogurt sauce and lime wedges. Top with additional fresh mint.
From the Test Kitchen
Serve with fresh carrot ribbons. Use a vegetable peeler to make thin ribbons. Toss with a squeeze of lime juice and lightly sprinkle with five-spice powder.
If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before grilling.
Another time substitute bottled barbecue sauce and chili powder for the soy sauce and Chinese-five spice powder. Substitute sour cream and cilantro for the yogurt and mint.
Nutrition Facts (Five-Spice Beef Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 74 mg chol.,
- 366 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet