Five-Berry Compote with Mint and Orange Infusion
- For infusion, in a small saucepan bring water to boiling. Add tea bags and the 3 mint sprigs; stir until mint wilts. Cover pan; remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine strawberries, golden raspberries, red raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and cherries; set aside.
- For syrup, in a medium saucepan combine wine, sugar, and pomegranate juice. Pour infusion through a fine-mesh sieve into the saucepan with the wine. Squeeze tea bags to release liquid; discard mint sprigs and tea bags. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Let cool to room temperature. Pour over fruit mixture. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon mixture into shallow bowls. If desired, garnish with mint sprigs.
From the Test Kitchen
For a non-alcoholic version, substitute 3 1/2 cups white grape juice for the Sauvignon Blanc wine and reduce the sugar to 1/3 cup.
Nutrition per serving: same as above except 166 calories, 40 g carbohydrate, 34 g total sugar, 11 mg sodium
Nutrition Facts (Five-Berry Compote with Mint and Orange Infusion)
- Per serving:
- 203 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet