Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Brush oil evenly onto both sides of fish. For rub, in a small bowl stir together chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle rub over both sides of fish; rub in with your fingers.
- For chipotle cream, in another small bowl stir together sour cream and chopped chipotle pepper; set aside. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil.
- For a charcoal grill, grill fish and tortilla packet on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork and tortillas are heated through, turning fish and tortilla packet once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish and tortilla packet on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- Using a fork, break fish into pieces. Fill warm tortillas evenly with cabbage, fish, and, if desired, avocado slices. Serve with fresh salsa, chipotle cream, lime wedges, and, if desired, cilantro.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as above, except substitute 6 tostada shells for the tortillas. Do not grill tostada shells. Top shells with cabbage, fish, avocado (if using), salsa, chipotle cream, lime wedges, and cilantro (if using).
Nutrition Facts (Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream)
- Per serving:
- 293 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 35 mg chol.,
- 493 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet