Fish Tacos (Tacos de Pescado)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place fish in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl stir together tequila, lime juice, chile pepper, garlic, and cumin. Pour marinade over fish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning fish occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Preheat broiler. Drain fish, discarding marinade. Pat fish dry with paper towels. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Using a wide spatula, carefully turn fish. Broil for 3 to 7 minutes more or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Using a fork, break broiled fish into 1/2-inch chunks. To assemble tacos, divide lettuce among warm tortillas, placing lettuce on one half of each tortilla. Top lettuce with fish chunks, sweet peppers, and red onion. Fold tortillas in half over filling. If desired, serve with cilantro and/or mango slices.
From the Test Kitchen
To grill the fish, place fish fillets in a well-greased wire grill basket. For a charcoal grill, grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish in grill basket over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
Nutrition Facts (Fish Tacos (Tacos de Pescado))
- Per serving:
- 276 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 22 mg chol.,
- 314 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet