- In a medium saucepan combine broth, farro, and water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 30 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain farro, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid; set both the farro and cooking liquid aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove husks from the ears of corn. Scrub with a stiff brush to remove silks; rinse. Cut corn from cobs; set corn aside, discarding cobs. In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in curry powder. Add reserved corn and green onions. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add squash and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in reserved farro, salt, and black pepper; cool slightly. Stir in 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 of the basil.
- Cut sweet peppers in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and membranes from the peppers. Fill pepper halves with farro mixture. Place stuffed peppers in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the reserved cooking liquid into dish around the peppers. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes more or until peppers are crisp-tender and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, substitute olive oil for the butter.
Nutrition Facts (Farro-Stuffed Peppers)
- Per serving:
- 536 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 81 mg chol.,
- 943 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet