Energizing Mocha-Almond Smoothies
- In a small saucepan cook rutabaga and eggplant in enough boiling water to cover, about 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the boiling water and the espresso powder. Stir until dissolved. Add brown sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cover and chill while vegetables cook.
- In a blender combine rutabaga mixture, brown sugar mixture, almond milk, banana, almond butter, and cocoa powder. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add ice cubes. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare smoothies as directed. Transfer to an airtight freezer container. Cover and chill for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Energizing Mocha-Almond Smoothies)
- Per serving:
- 209 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 93 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet