Elote Asado (Grilled Corn Cob Bites with Chile and Lime)
- Cut each ear of corn into thirds. Place corn pieces in a large pot and cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together cilantro, ground ancho chile pepper, lime peel, and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- In an extra-large bowl whisk together butter, mayonnaise, crema, and lime juice; set aside. Drain corn. For a charcoal or gas grill, place corn on a grill directly over medium-high heat. Cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until corn is tender, turning every 5 minutes and brushing with butter mixture several times during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Place grilled corn in the remaining butter mixture in the bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle cilantro mixture over corn; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt.
Nutrition Facts (Elote Asado (Grilled Corn Cob Bites with Chile and Lime))
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 231 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet