Elote Asado (Grilled Corn Cob Bites with Chile and Lime)
large ears of corn, husks and silks removed
cup snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
teaspoon cayenne pepper
cup butter, melted
tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
tablespoons Mexican crema or sour cream
tablespoons lime juice
- Cut each ear of corn into thirds. Place corn pieces in a large pot and cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together cilantro, ground ancho chile pepper, lime peel, and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- In an extra-large bowl whisk together butter, mayonnaise, crema, and lime juice; set aside. Drain corn. For a charcoal or gas grill, place corn on a grill directly over medium-high heat. Cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until corn is tender, turning every 5 minutes and brushing with butter mixture several times during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Place grilled corn in the remaining butter mixture in the bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle cilantro mixture over corn; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt.
Nutrition Facts(Elote Asado (Grilled Corn Cob Bites with Chile and Lime))
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 231 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet