Zucchini and Feta Cheese Souffles
cups shredded zucchini
tablespoons margarine or butter
teaspoon dry mustard
cup crumbled feta cheese
tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander; sprinkle with the salt and toss lightly. Let stand 30 minutes. Rinse and drain. Squeeze out excess liquid; set aside.
- In a saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour and mustard. Add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in zucchini and cheeses. In a large bowl beat yolks with a fork. Gradually stir in zucchini mixture.
- In a mixing bowl beat whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the whites into zucchini mixture. Gently fold remaining whites into zucchini mixture. Spoon into six 6-ounce greased souffle dishes or custard cups.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Zucchini and Feta Cheese Souffles)
- Per serving:
- 174 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 154 mg chol.,
- 276 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet