Spinach and Cheese Omelet
tablespoons finely chopped onion
tablespoon cider vinegar
teaspoon black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
eggs or 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
Dash ground red pepper
cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
tablespoon snipped fresh chives, Italian flat-leaf parsley, or chervil
cup spinach leaves
- For the red pepper relish, in a small bowl combine red sweet pepper, onion, cider vinegar, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Coat an unheated 8-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides or a crepe pan with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, salt, and ground red pepper. Using a rotary beater or wire whisk, beat the egg mixture until frothy. Pour into the prepared skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- When eggs are set but still shiny, sprinkle with cheese and chives. Top with 3/4 cup of the spinach and 2 tablespoons of the relish. Fold one side of omelet partially over filling. Top with the remaining spinach and 1 tablespoon of the relish. (Reserve the remaining relish for another use.) Cut the omelet in half. Transfer to two dinner plates. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Spinach and Cheese Omelet)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 440 mg chol.,
- 303 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet