- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 20 mins 400°F
Scrambled Egg Stromboli
tablespoons olive oil
cups chopped broccoli flowerets
cup chopped onion
13.8 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
cups baby spinach leaves
cup chopped fresh basil
cup grated Parmesan cheese
Easy Tomato Sauce, recipe below
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, 14 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add broccoli and onion. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add egg mixture to skillet. Cook without stirring until mixture begins to set around edges and on bottom. With a large spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking until egg mixture is just cooked through but still glossy. Remove skillet from heat.
- On a work surface, unroll pizza dough, pressing dough to an even thickness (14x9-inch rectangle) stretching slightly. Arrange spinach leaves over dough. Sprinkle with basil and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Spoon egg mixture evenly over dough. Carefully roll up dough around filling, starting from a long side. Pinch ends to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a large greased baking sheet. Brush roll with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Using a sharp knife, make diagonal slashes in top of roll at about 1-1/2-inch intervals.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut into slices and serve topped with Easy Tomato Sauce. Makes 6 servings.
Easy Tomato Sauce
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
tablespoons snipped fresh basil
Ground black pepper
- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process to desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and stir in snipped fresh basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Scrambled Egg Stromboli )
- Per serving:
- 335 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 285 mg chol.,
- 649 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet