This breakfast or brunch pie brings together your favorite meat, cheese, and vegetables into one elegant dish. A versatile recipe that can fit into any life-style--the classic, low fat, or vegetarian.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 52 mins 450/325 degrees F
- Stand: 10 mins
- Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust Pie or unroll refrigerated pie crust according to package directions. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake in a 450 degree F for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl stir together eggs, half-and-half, green onions, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in ham. In a small bowl toss together the cheese and flour. Add to egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into hot, baked pastry shell. Bake in the 325 degree Foven for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Prepare as above, except substitute Oil Pastry for the Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Substitute 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, for the eggs, fat-free milk for the cream, and use reduced-fat cheddar, Swiss, or Monterey Jack cheese for the cheese.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 341 cal., 17 g total fat (6 g sat., fat), 31g chol., 762mg sodium, 26 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 19 g pro.
Daily Values: 20% vit. A, 2% vit. C, 29% calcium, 14% iron
Exchanges: 1.5 Starch, 2 Very-Lean Meat, 3 Fat
- Per serving:
- 453 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 199 mg chol.,
- 540 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet